It is my great honour to have received trust and appointment from the leadership teams of Ministry of Finance, the Party Central Committee Organisation Commission and the Government to perform honourable duties as Chairman of Board of Directors of EDL-Generation Public Company (“EDL-Gen” or the “Company”).
As a new Chairman of EDL-Gen’s Board of Directors, I would like to firstly congratulate and highly commend successful and remarkable outcomes of EDL-Gen in the past. Despite some adversities, the Company has shown resilience and perseverance to achieve successes as outlined in the Company’s 2021 Annual Report.
EDL-Gen became the first publicly listed company in the Lao Securities Exchange in 2010, which marked the importance placed by the Party and the Government on electrical power sector development to become a shared common mission that can be participated by the public, and is an implementation of the Party’s mission on principled reforms by turning a part of state-owned enterprises to become a public company operating under market mechanism with the state management.
Board of Directors is an essential part of the Company’s organization structure and represents shareholders in the Company’s governance, policy formulation and decision makings that are fundamental for the business operation according to relevant laws and regulations, or resolutions of shareholders meetings.
Therefore, to honour such appointment and valued trust from the Party and the Government, the public and domestic and foreign shareholders, I am determined to work closely with other esteemed members of the Board and executive management team to implement and perform our crucial roles and responsibilities according to principles stipulated in the Lao Securities Commission’s Decision on Board of Directors as follows:
1. Protection of shareholder interests;
2. Transparency and impartiality;
3. Duty of loyalty;
4. Duty of legal liability;
5. Duty of care.
In addition, by working cooperatively with members of the Board and executive management team, I am determined to build on past accomplishments and achieve further successes for the Company in alignment with its vision and missions as follows:
1. To be a leading company in Lao PDR in generating stable electric power, to fulfil the demand of socio-economic development of Lao PDR and the region in line with the green and sustainable direction.
2. A leading company in providing the operation and maintenance services to power producers in Lao PDR and the region.
3. A leading company that creates the added values for shareholders.
1. To supply electric power from clean and renewable energy sources by taking the environment into account, ensuring the energy security and sustainability for Lao PDR and the region.
2. To comprise the clear, transparent and auditable decision-making process.
3. To collaborate closely with strategic partners and power distributors to supply electricity for domestic and regional socio-economic development.
4. To enhance the effectiveness and improve the company in all aspects in order to become the producer and provider of the operation-maintenance service for power producers in Lao PDR and the region.
5. To invest in businesses with emphasis on creating sustainable and optimal short term and long term added values for shareholders.
The above vision and missions could not be achieved solely by the Board of Directors or executive management team. Therefore, it is my commitment to work with our valued staff members of all levels across the Company to exert our utmost effort in every mission and assignment in order to drive EDL-Gen forward towards successful outcomes and deliver respectable values to shareholders.